Thursday, December 22, 2022

SEEING THE LORD

 

SEEING THE LORD

Is. 6:5 Then I said, “My destruction is sealed, for I am a sinful man and a member of a sinful race. Yet I have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.”

Does it affect you when you enter the presence of the Lord? Do you sense who you are as you draw near to Him? Think about it for a moment. It is a good thing for us to see ourselves as we really are, sinners. It is good for us to approach God with fear and trembling because of our sin. Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is the Lord Almighty. He is perfect love and holiness. He is so pure and holy that no sin is found in Him. There is absolutely no hint of sin anywhere near Him, not even a trace. He is absolutely holy and sits in judgment over all that which is unholy. He who e is over and above all is before me! How can I, a sinful man, dare even think of drawing near to HIM? No wonder Isaiah was overwhelmed at the thought of it. He had seen the Lord in all his splendor and holiness! “I am ruined! I am undone! I have seen the King, the Lord Almighty!”

Yet, the amazing thing is that the Lord does indeed let us see Him. He came to earth, became flesh, dwelt for a while amongst us, died on the cross for our sins, and makes all who receive Him holy and acceptable to God so we can br near to the heart of God. He invites us to draw near to Him. He wants to be near to us. He willingly gets rid of the sin of all who want to draw near so that we can and still live. He forgives all who humble themselves before Him and ask for His forgiveness! He makes us pure so that we can be near to Him and yet not die.

Are you able to see the King, the Lord Almighty, and yet not die?

No comments:

Post a Comment