Wednesday, February 3, 2016

UNDESERVED SALVATION

Eph. 2:8 God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
It is God who saves you. He is the one who speaks to your heart and convinces you that He loves you and desires a relationship with you. It is God who takes the initiative and draws you away from sin into His holiness and love. It is God who opens up your eyes to see you through His eyes. It is God who causes you to feel the guilt and shame of sin. It is God who gives you the opportunity to be saved. It is His special favor towards you.

There is nothing that we can do to help God save us. He only allows us the freedom to accept or reject what He has done for us. He rejects all efforts on our part to earn our salvation. He did everything there was to do to make it possible for us to be saved. God's provision is perfect. Because He loves us He offers us salvation with no strings attached. It is His gift to us.

Don't ever get the idea that you deserve it, that for some reason you are worthy to be saved. It is an idea that is straight from hell. We are all sinners worthy of only hell. No one can ever be otherwise. We are born that way and it is only by God's special favor towards us that we can change.

"Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul. I do not deserve it. I don't understand why you chose me to be saved. But, I am so grateful you did. Lord, don't ever let me take my salvation for granted. Don't let me forget how precious and wonderful it is to be saved. Lord, don't let me live like a fool and act as if my salvation wasn't important to me. Lord, remind me often of just how blessed I am to know you as my Savior and Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment