Sunday, October 18, 2015

PRAYING FOR SERVANT-LEADERS

Rom. 15:30 Dear friends, I urge you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. Do this because of your love for me given you by the Holy Spirit.

I wonder how often we join with others in their ministries by faithfully praying for them. For most of us it's probably not very often. Many people hand out prayer cards, make appeals through letters or the Internet, and make personal appeals for prayer support. Much of the time those appeals are soon forgotten. I wonder how much different things would be for those who serve if they were to be supported faithfully by prayer. I can't help but think that a lot of things would be different.

We must never forget that those who are serving the Lord are human, too. They struggle just like we do. They are tempted by Satan just as we are. They have bad days just like we do. They have personal issues at home just like we do. They have fears and doubts just like we do. They are faced with the same issues that you and I face in our walk with the Lord. Also, because they are more in the limelight than we usually are, they are more vulnerable to Satan's attacks than what we usually are. In other words, those who are serving the Lord in various ways in leadership roles need our prayer support.

Let us strive, with the Lord's help, to be better prayer warriors on their behalf. Let us ask the Lord to hold up accountable for our commitments to pray for others. Let us not be found guilty of saying one thing and doing another. The servants of the Lord need our prayer support on a regular basis. They need to know someone is praying for them. Will you be a prayer warrior for someone starting today?

No comments:

Post a Comment