Saturday, August 10, 2019

I AM THE PROBLEM


Rom. 7:14 The law is good then. The trouble is not with the law but with me, because I am sold into slavery, with sin as my master.  NLT
      The law shows me how to be holy before God.  It is good for my soul to know how to live to please God.  It is good that I don’t have to wonder what does or does not please God.  It is good for me to understand why I need a Savior.
      There is nothing wrong with the law, but there is plenty wrong with me.  I see myself in light of God’s standards and my heart is broken, for I quickly recognize the mess I have made of my life and the consequences that await me.  I see myself as guilty of sin and I have no one to blame but myself.  The law makes it very clear what is sin and I know I do it.  Sin darkens my soul and I am powerless to do anything about it.  No matter how hard I may try, I cannot live by the law of God.
      The law is good because it drives me to the Savior.  Jesus came and fulfilled all the demands of the law.  Human effort cannot make one righteous through the keeping of the law, but Jesus is able to make us righteous before God.  What I cannot do, Jesus did.  My acceptance by God is not based on whether or not I can live by the law; it is based on whether or not I live in relationship with Christ.  In the law I am found guilty by God.  In Christ, I am found to be pleasing and acceptable to God. 
      The law is good because it reveals my sin and my need for Christ.  It makes me realize just how helpless I am to overcome it on my own.  It helps me to know just how much I need Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment