Saturday, June 28, 2014

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Do you dare pray this?


Ps. 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

I dare you to pray this prayer from your heart today. I dare you to let the Lord search out your heart and reveal to you what He finds there. Do you have the guts to let the Lord have access to your thought life? What do you think about that you don’t want others to know about? God knows all that you think about. What kind of thoughts do you have for those who wrong you? God knows what you are thinking. What do you think about when things don’t go your way and things begin to fall apart in your life? God knows what you are thinking.

Do you have the guts to ask the Lord to point out anything He finds that offends Him? Think about it. In light of what you understand from the Word, is there anything going on in your head or heart that you know offends God? Be honest with yourself. You know there are things that God is not pleased with. We all have the same problem. We all sin against God. What is He pointing out to you today?

What are you going to do about it? Are you going to continue on as if it doesn’t matter what the Lord finds, or are you going to confess it and seek the Lord’s forgiveness? You will do one or the other. If you don’t seek the Lord’s forgiveness, you won’t have His peace overshadowing your life until you do. You will not enjoy the presence of God until you do. It’s your choice.

Do you want the Lord to lead you along the path of everlasting life? He wants to do that for you, but He won’t drag you along. He will gladly lead you if you are willing to follow. He will show you how to live a life that pleases Him. He will show you what you need to get rid of in your heart and the changes you need to make. He will not mess around. He will lead you directly on the path of righteousness. He will not take any side trips. The way to heaven is a narrow path and you must stay behind the Lord at all times if you are going to safely make it home.

Do you dare to follow in the footsteps of Jesus today by letting him have his way with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment