Monday, December 30, 2013

Keep on working out your salvation.


 

Phil. 3:12  I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection!  But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be. 

I don’t know about you, but this verse of Scripture really blesses me.  Think about it.  The Apostle Paul is expressing his own spiritual struggles.  He knows that he is not where he would like to be, where he should be, in his walk with the Lord.  Paul, the author of most of the New Testament, the founding father of the early church, knew he needed to continue to grow and become more like Christ.  It really comforts me to know that I am not the only imperfect pilgrim on my way to heaven. 

No one is perfect.  We all need to keep working out our salvation.  We all need to strive to improve our standing with God.  We all have good and bad days.  We all are prone to wander.  We all stumble and fall.  We all have days in which we doubt.  But, what separates the saints from the aints is the attitude of the heart. 

You will never be better than you are now unless you keep on working at improving your standing before God.  Your goal must always be to become more godly, more useful to Christ in your living.  No one will be who Christ wants them to be by coasting.  It takes purposeful and determined work.  Satan is a formidable foe and will relentlessly work against you.  He does not want you to succeed!  Take responsibility for your soul and diligently seek the Lord in your life while He is near to help you.  He wants you to succeed, but it’s up to you. 

Keep on working out your salvation and you will be the best you can possibly be in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment