Friday, February 16, 2024

UP TO THE TASK?

 

UP TO THE TASK?

Luke 1:38, 45 Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants. May everything you have said come true.” And then the angel left. “You are blessed, because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.” NLT

Mary, the vessel the Lord chose to be His earthly mother, had a tender heart for God. When God came to her and told her that she would be the mother of Jesus, she humbly yielded to the will of God. I am sure that a lot of questions would come to mind. “Why me? Am I up to the task? In what ways would raising Jesus be different than raising other children? What will His life be like? How can I nurture Jesus in God’s ways and not be an unhealthy influence on His life?”

Mary probably thought about such things, but her immediate response was, “Okay.” She did not cower away at the task God gave her to do. She trusted God and knew that it would be okay, that He would help her and show her how to be the mother of Jesus. Mary simply submitted to the will of God, even though she had every reason not to rise up to the task.

How about you? Are you living submissively to the Lord, trusting Him to help you do what you cannot do alone? Do you have enough confidence in the Lord to just simply say, “I am the Lord’s servant, and I am willing to accept whatever He wants?”

The Lord never gives us a task to do that is beyond our ability to do through Him. Trust Him completely and see what great things He will do through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment