Thursday, November 16, 2017

STAYING BLAMELESS BEFORE GOD

 

Ps. 18:20-24  The Lord rewarded me for doing right, he compensated me because of my innocence.  For I have kept the ways of the LORD; I have not turned from my God to follow evil.  For all his laws are constantly before me; I have never abandoned his principles.  I am blameless before God; I have kept myself from sin.  The LORD rewarded me for doing right, because of the innocence of my hands in his sight.

     Can you say this from your heart?  Can you honestly say that you have kept yourself pure and have diligently lived by God’s Word?  Can you say that you are blameless before God and know that it is true?  It is not impossible to do so.  We can know in our hearts that we are pure before God.  The key is diligently living according to God’s Word.  We must get into it, meditate on it, and find ways to apply it to our living.  When we take seriously what God has to say, we then can stay away from sin and live pure lives.  We can look forward to the rewards God has in store for us and we will never have to fear the day in which we stand before Him.

     We don’t have to wait until we get to heaven to enjoy the rewards of living faithfully before the Lord.  There are great spiritual blessings here for those who are living in Christ.  He involves himself in our daily lives and meets our every need.  We find in Christ grace, peace, joy, love, comfort, purpose and hope as we walk with Him.

     You will never get to really know God apart from His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment