Friday, October 7, 2016

YOU ARE A SOMEBODY!

I Peter 2:9-10 But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are a kingdom of priests, God's holy nation, his very own possession. This is so you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. "Once you were not a people, now you are a people of God. Once you received none of God's mercy, now you have received his mercy."

I like to think about these verses. I may not be a "somebody" in the world's eyes, but I am a very special person in God's eyes. He has chosen me to be His very own! He has elevated me to a position of service and responsibility. He has made me holy in His sight. He has enabled me to be a light in a dark and hopeless world. I am a somebody, because God has made me that way.

Dear friend, as you read this today, I want you to know with your heart that you are a somebody to God. Don't believe the lie of Satan that you aren't. Our Lord has put His life into your life and made you very special. You are a child of God. You are crafted by God to play a very special role in His kingdom. You are an integral part of what the Lord is doing amongst the people you live around and associate with. You live as a witness for Christ in your world that no one else can do. The Lord has chosen YOU to be loved by Him. He has chosen you to be nurtured and empowered to serve Him. He has chosen you to be a testimony of His amazing grace. He has chosen you to show others the goodness of God.

I want you to know today that you are a somebody to God. You belong to Him and not the world. You are who you are because the Lord wants to bless those in your life with your life. Hold your head up high today and act like the somebody you are in Him. Let the Lord have His way in you and you will never have to feel like a nobody again.
!

No comments:

Post a Comment