Tuesday, March 8, 2016

DON'T COMPLAIN AND ARGUE

Phil. 2:14-15 In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing, so that no one can speak a word of blame against you. You are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of crooked and perverse people. Let your light shine brightly before them.

When I was young, I liked to argue with those who did not see things as I did. I just knew I was right and was convinced I could prove others wrong. In fact, I felt like I had to help them "see the light.". Fortunately, I grew up. I learned how futile and fruitless arguing was. I discovered that rarely does anyone win an argument. We dig our heels in and refuse to be persuaded by words. Rarely does anyone listen to what is being said or why it's being said. I learned that it is far more profitable for relationships if I'd stay away from arguments. In good relationships you agree to disagree agreeably and not let your differences in understanding interfere in your peace and rob you of your common good.

It does no one any good to be a complainer. No one likes to keep company with complainers. Constant complaining wears thin quickly. If you have an axe to grind, don't bore others with it. It is far better to go to the source of your problem and seek to resolve things personally. Complaining is never productive. It robs the complainer of the peace and joy of living.

It is far better to just keep your nose clean and stay away from complaining and arguing. It is far better to be known as a person of peace. Mind your own business. Strive to live a blameless life before God and let Him take care of that which is not yours to deal with. Don't waste your time and energy on those things you can't fix or control. Live a clean and innocent life so that the world can see Christ in and through you. People need to see and know Christ, not hear about what you think you know is wrong or true. Stay focused on Christ alone and you will make your world a much better place to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment