Monday, August 24, 2015

A LIFE WORTH LIVING

Acts 20:24 But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love.

I really like this statement by the Apostle Paul. It is a real challenge to me. Do I really consider my life to be worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work God has assigned to me? I have always lived my life striving to do what God has given me to do every since I gave Him all of my heart. For me, life simply is not worth it if I am not doing with it what God wants for it.

In order for this statement to be true of any heart, we must first know what it is that God wants us to do with our lives. I have heard so many people over the years who never have seemed to have settled this issue for their lives. It's really not too hard to know what God wants you to do. It begins with a fully surrendered heart before Him.

A fully surrender heart is one who holds nothing back from the Lord. It is one who sees himself as God's and not his own. It is one who is willing to do anything or go anywhere the Lord wants him to do with no strings attached. Anything short of a fully surrendered heart and it becomes very difficult to discern God's will for one's life.

The main thing we are all called to do is to tell others the Good News about God's kindness and love. The means to do that will vary, but the mandate is the same. We are to tell others about God's love and saving grace. Each of us has a mandate from God to be His ambassadors. We are expected by God to let our lights shine in the world and to influence the world for Christ. If you are not doing that, you are living in disobedience to God; you are not doing His will for you. Make the most out of your life and make it count. do all that the Lord has given you to do, be a voice for Him in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment