THE WISE MEN OF CHRISTMAS
WISE MEN LOOK FOR JESUS 1,2
A. Look in the Scriptures and you will find Him. Luke 24:25-32
B. Look in the heavens and you will find Him. Ps. 19:1-6; John 1:3; Col. 1:16
C. Look at the cross and you will find Him.
1. Consider Isaiah’s prophecy Is. 53
2. Consider Matthew’s declaration. Matt. 27:32-56
D. Look at the redeemed and you will find Him.
WISE MEN OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MAN 3-9, 12
A. Being in the presence of God troubles man. 3-6
1. God causes us to see ourselves as we really are—sinners in need of a Savior.
2. God causes us to realize we are responsible for our sins.
3. God causes us to admit we will answer to him for our sins.
B. Being in the presence of God transforms our thinking. 7-9, 12 (Ps. 46:10)
1. It matters not who we think we are (wise men or otherwise).
2. It matters not what our agenda may be.
3. It matters not what others may think.
WISE MEN WORSHIP JESUS 10,11
A. We are humbled when we recognize we are in the presence of God.
B. We are moved to offer him our best when we are in the presence of God.
C. We are moved to praise him when we are in the presence of God.
D. We are awestruck when we are in the presence of God. Wow!!! God!!!
1. God, you are awesome in your holiness.
2. God, you are awesome in your glory.
3. God, you are awesome in your majesty.
Wise are those who bow before Christ and worship him all the days of their lives.