Monday, November 15, 2021

MY CONSCIENCE IS CLEAR

                                           MY CONSCIENCE IS CLEAR

Job 27:3-6 “As long as I live, while I have breath from God, my lips will speak no evil, and my tongue will speak no lies. I will never concede that you are right until I die. I will defend my innocence. I will maintain my innocence without wavering. My conscience is clear for as long as I live.” NLT

Reread slowly these verses. Examine your own heart. If you cannot honestly say the same things, you need to let the Lord take control of you. We can control what comes out of our mouths. In fact, Jesus reminds us that what comes out of our mouths is what is in our hearts. If evil words or lying words come from us it is because they are in us. And if they are in us, we must ask the Lord to take them away from us. If we don’t, we will face God and have to answer to Him for it.

Are you confident enough in your righteousness that you can stand up to anyone and defend your innocence because you know before God that you are right? Now, there is a difference between a confidence rooted in self-deception and a confidence rooted in Christ. We can convince ourselves that we are better off before God than we really are. If we see ourselves in comparison to others and let that determine our righteousness, we will more than likely be led to believe we are okay. However, our standard of righteousness is not others; it is God’s Word. We must see ourselves as God sees us. If we are not living up to the standards of God, we are not innocent before Him.

The right thing to do is to humble ourselves and admit our sinfulness. There is no excuse for allowing sin to be a part of who we are. Don’t maintain you are right with God when you know you are not. Listen to the Spirit of Christ as He convicts you of sin. Then, and only then, can you say with confidence that your conscience is clear.

May we too be determined to live before God with a clear conscience as long as we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment