Sunday, November 14, 2021

A LIFE VOW

                                                                       A LIFE VOW

Job:27:1-6 Job continued speaking, “I make this vow by the living God, who has taken away my rights, by the Almighty who has embittered my soul. As long as I live, while I have breath from God, my lips will speak no evil, and my tongues will speak no lies. I will never concede that you are right; until I die, I will defend my innocence. I will maintain my innocence without wavering. My conscience is clear for as long as I live.” NLT

When you come to the end of your life, how do you want to be remembered? What do you want others to remember about how you lived your life? Will they be able to say you kept true to the Lord through the bad as well as the good times of your life? Will they be able to say that you lived an innocent life before both God and man? Better yet, will you be able to say it?

It is a liberating feeling to know that you have lived rightly before God. When you know in your heart you have done what is right, you can handle whatever accusations that may come your way. It won’t matter what others may think when you know that all is well with you before God. It won’t matter whether or not others may understand or agree with you.

Like Job, we must vow before God that we will live with hearts of integrity. We must determine in our hearts that the only thing that comes out of our mouths will be truth. We must determine that we do not let any evil thing come from our lips. When we do, then we can stand on our innocence. We can have confidence before God when we are falsely accused by others. We do not have to cave in when we are confronted by others.

Is your conscious clear before God today? If you were to stand before God today, would you be okay with that? Is there anything you need to clear up with Him? Have you determined in your heart that you will not cave in to sin, no matter how great the pressure may be to do so? Have you determined in your heart that no evil or lies will ever come from your lips?

Live rightly before God moment by moment and you will never have to fear if this might be your last day on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment