Friday, October 19, 2018

FROM GOOD TO BAD

Ezek. 18:24 “However, if righteous people turn to sinful ways and start acting like other sinners, should they be allowed to live? No, of course not! All their previous goodness will be forgotten, and they will die for their sins.”  NLT

      Let me be very upfront. I don’t have it all figured out. I have been a student of God’s Word all my life and I still have to simply accept the fact that I don’t know how to balance out all that the Word says about our salvation. What I don’t know, I know to be true because God said it. It may not all fit into my understanding, but it doesn’t have to. I will just let the Word say what it says and leave the rest up to someone else to determine how it all fits together.

      A lot of questions can be asked from today’s verse. Who determines who is among the righteous and who isn’t? Can the righteous fall into sin, and if so, how? What happens to the righteous if they do fall into sin? Is the death spoken of here that of physical or spiritual death? Is it eternal or not? To what extent does God allow us to sin and not die? Can the believer revert back to a life of sin and still make it to heaven? Only God knows the answer to that one.

      If we are continuously striving to live a life of submission and obedience to Christ, it’s not an issue to be concerned about. The Lord alone knows the righteousness of the heart and He will accept all those who are righteous in His eyes. Our opinions about ourselves don’t matter. What God thinks of us in light of the cross does. He will not make any mistakes in judgment.

      Is your heart right with God today?  Are you living the righteous life you claim to have?  Or, are you acting more like a sinner than a saint?  God knows how you are living and your thought life and will hold you accountable for them.  Take to heart what God says.  He means exactly what He says.

No comments:

Post a Comment