Monday, September 24, 2018

COMPELLED TO TELL

 
Jer. 20:8-10 “Whenever I speak, the words come out in a violent outburst. ‘Violence and destruction!’ I shout. So these messages from the LORD have made me a household joke. And I can’t stop! If I say I’ll never mention the LORD or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It’s like fire in my bones! I am weary of holding it in!”

      Have you ever been so excited and passionate about something that you just had to tell others about it? I know I have, many times. Two things in particular jump out at me: the day in which I became engaged and the day in which our children were born. I wanted everyone to know about them. They were highlights of my life.

       Spiritually, the day Jesus and I connected for real was one of those days. I am still excited about that day, even though it has been many, many years ago that it happened. Jesus forever changed the course of my life. He has been involved in how I live and continues to patiently teach me His ways. He has allowed me the privilege of serving Him in a variety of ways. My love for Him continues to grow and it is impossible for me not to tell others about Him. There is a fire in my bones that cannot be quenched. I must tell others about Him whenever I get the chance.

      How about you? Are you in love with Jesus to the point where it has become a fire in your bones? Do you have a passion to tell others about the Lover of your soul? Does Jesus excite you to the point where you just can’t contain it?   If not, maybe you need to renew your love vows to Him today.  Such passion comes from spending both quality and quantity time with Him.  It comes from purposely living in Him at all times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment