Friday, January 19, 2018

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS, O LORD

 

Ps. 86:11-13  Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth!  Grant me purity of heart, that I may honor you.  With all my heart I will praise you, O LORD, my God.  I will give glory to your name forever, for your love for me is very great.  You have rescued me from the depths of death.

     We owe our Lord everything.  All of us were headed straight to a godless eternity.  We deserve to spend every moment of eternity in hell.  We deserve the eternal agony of being separated from God.  But, our Lord rescued us from our fate.  He took upon himself what we deserve.  He alone was capable of taking on the wrath of a holy God for sin and overruling it.  He alone could give us eternal life in place of eternal death.

     We owe our Lord everything.  We have so much to learn about our Lord and His ways.  May our prayer always be, “Teach me your ways, O LORD that I may live according to your truth.”  The more we learn of the Lord, the clearer truth becomes for us.  And the more we are governed by truth, the purer our hearts will be.  Out of pure hearts come pure thoughts and motives.  Only through pure hearts can we honor our Lord.

     We owe our Lord everything.  He loves us with the purest of loves.  He loves us without reservation or conditions.  He loves us so much that He willingly went to the cross and took our place, bearing for us God's wrath for our sins and our punishment.  He loves us so much that He willing broke fellowship with God during the three hours of darkness He endured on the cross. 

     We owe our Lord everything.  May our hearts swell up in praise to Him!  May we seek always to bring Him the glory He deserves.  May His great love fill us and flow through us that others may know Him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment