Saturday, December 16, 2017

UNCONFESSED SIN

 

Ps. 32:3-5  When I refused to confess my sin, I was weak and miserable, and I groaned all day long.  Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me.  My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.  Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them.  I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the LORD”.  And you forgave me!  All my guilt is gone.

     Have you ever refused to confess sin?  I know I have.  I have rationalized it away and denied that what was sin was actually sin.  It is so easy to do.  Instead of admitting sin, I tried to bury it and pretend that it wasn’t there.  But, the Lord would not put up with that nonsense.  He refused to let me get away with it and kept bringing it up until I finally came to my senses.

     It isn’t the most pleasant times of life.  Unconfessed sin comes between God and us and we can have no peace or joy in our life with Him as long as it is there.  It haunts us and makes life miserable for us because deep down we know we are guilty.  When we come to our senses and admit our sin and seek the Lord’s forgiveness, we find it.  He takes the heavy load off our souls and restores us to a healthy relationship with Him.

     If you are carrying around with you sin that you have refused to confess, don’t let it weigh you down any longer.  Let the Lord forgive you and give you peace of heart.  You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment