Saturday, May 2, 2015

Is God well-pleased with you?

Mark 1:11 And a voice came from heaven saying, "You are my beloved Son, and I am fully pleased with you."

I have often wondered that if the Lord were to speak from heaven in an audible voice for others to hear, what would He say about me? Would He be able to say that He was well-pleased with me? Would He claim me as His own? Would I be pleased with what He had to say about me?

God was fully pleased with the life Jesus was living. He saw nothing in Jesus to cause Him to hestitate in affirming Him as His beloved Son. What does God think of us? I wonder. We identify ourselves with Him. We proclaim allegiance to Him. We live to serve Him. Yet, is there anything in us that would keep Him from being well-pleased with us? I wonder. Jesus didn't need anyone to represent Him before the Fatther because His righteousness was perfect. He knew no sin. But, we do.

Our righteousnes is tainted by sin. We are not able to stand before God on our own two feet. We would not be allowed to get anywhere near God on our own. We must have someone to approach God on our behalf. We need Jesus who alone is able to be in the presence of God because of His righteousness.

The closer we live to Jesus, the more pleased God is with us.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment