Friday, February 20, 2015

Habakkuk 1:1 Does God still speak to us today?


Habakkuk 1:1 This is the message that the prophet Habakkuk received from the LORD in a vision.

As I read this verse I got to wondering about how many of have actually received a message from the Lord. Before you dismiss the idea, think about it. Does God speak only to a select few, or does He give a message to all of us? Details may vary, but I believe that God speaks regularly to every one of His children. God has a lot to say to us about ourselves and our living. We may or may not hear from God in a vision, but if we are tuned in, we will all hear from Him. How God speaks to us is not important. What is important is that we hear what we need to hear from Him and then act upon it. God speaks to us for a variety of reasons. Sometimes we need better understanding, conviction about sin we have allowed into our hearts, a change of direction in our lives, a task to do, someone to come alongside of to help, etc. Regardless of the reason, the Lord has an ever-changing message for us to hear. He has not disengaged himself from your life. He wants you to hear what He has to say.

In order to hear what God wants to say to you, you must be where you can hear Him. You must be in His Word, in your prayer closet, or in a quiet place apart from the distractions of life around you. You must be able to fix your thoughts on Him alone and wait before Him with an open heart. If you do, you will hear.

“Speak to my heart, even now, Lord Jesus. I need to hear what you have to say to me. I need to know what I must do in order for me to be where You want me to be, where I need to be. Lord, speak to me right now while I am waiting, yielded and still.”

No comments:

Post a Comment