Monday, September 2, 2013

The Lord is with you.


Judges 6:12 The angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the LORD is with you!”

Gideon was a nobody, both in the eyes of society and in his own eyes. Like most people, Gideon didn’t see himself as anybody other than a common, everyday, hardworking, and loyal part of his family. He was a farmer and he was okay with that.

However, the Lord saw something in Gideon that he didn’t see in himself. The Lord knew what he was capable of doing and becoming. The Lord had a job for Gideon to do that did not fit into his experience, a job that would require more out of Gideon than anyone would think possible, including himself.

When God called Gideon into His service, He spoke to Gideon’s potential. He knew what Gideon could do. Don’t ever second guess what the Lord calls you to do. He knows what He is doing when He gives you a job to do. He doesn’t ever ask us to do something beyond our ability. No one else may believe in us and we may not believe in ourselves, but we can do all things through Christ our Savior. If you simply cannot believe that you are up to the task, trust in Him who calls you into service.

In the early stages of my ministry life, I was told that I would never make it, that I would not be a pastor. However, I knew what God had called me to be and do. Over forty years later, I am still preaching and teaching. The Lord saw in me what that pastor did not see. The Lord knew what I could do and because I believed in Him and not man, I did it.

Dear friend, there is no calling of God that is beyond our doing. Don’t deprive yourself of the joy of serving because of your fears and doubts. Don’t listen to those who say you can’t do it. Don’t deprive others of the blessings that you can bring to their lives. Don’t make the Lord use someone else do your job because of your lack of faith in Him. Don’t miss out on the blessings that come from fulfilling God’s will for your life.

The Lord never asks us to do something beyond our ability. Don’t ever forget it or doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment