Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Resisting Satan

     I had quite a time of it last night.  My wife had a flat tire on her way home.  She was all alone and it was after dark.  She called me and I had to borrow my daughter's car to go help her.  A wonderful state trooper was there when I got there to make sure she was safe.  I changed the tire and we came home, only to discover that I had dropped my cell phone somewhere.  I drove back to where my wife had her flat and found it in the grass.  I got home about 11:30.
      I was up shortly after 5:30 to have my devotions.  When I went to get on my computer this AM, it would not co-operate.  After about a half hour, I finally managed to get online.  Needless to say, I was feeling like I was under attack.  Maybe you know the feeling as well.
      The Lord reminded me of Peter's observation that Satan is like a roaring lion roaming around seeking whom he may devour.  Peter reminds us to stand up to him and not back down.  It is normal behavior for Satan and it should not catch us by surprise.  I have discovered that he really gets agressive when we are experiencing the blessings of the Lord.  He takes offence at our enjoyment of life in Christ and wants to make us as miserable as he can.
       James tells us to resist him and he will flee from us.  Paul tells us to put on the whole armor of God so we can withstand the fiery arrows of Satan's attacks.
       In Hebrews we are admonished to keep our eyes focused on Christ, the author and finisher of our salvation.  I have found indeed that as long as I am fixing my thoughts on Christ, keep my armor on and intack, and resist Satan, he will indeed flee from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment