Wednesday, December 29, 2021

I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED

 I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED.

Ps. 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need. NLT

Once in a Bible study, I led, it took me 6 months to go through this Psalm. So, I will only touch on this verse in our Gems. Two things of great importance for us to ponder on are the facts that the Lord is our SHEPHERD and we have everything we NEED. If you are not well-versed on what a shepherd does, you need to educate yourself because the Lord often uses shepherd to describe who He is to us. A shepherd does a multitude of things for his sheep. The bottom line is that the shepherd is the one who ensures that life can go on for the sheep. He ministers to the sheep’s daily needs, whatever they may be.

Notice that the Lord provides everything we need and not everything we want. We don’t always separate the two terms. Because of our sinful nature, we often think that what we want is really what we need. We struggle to get beyond our selfish desires and lack the insight to comprehend what we need. The Lord takes care of that for us. He knows what we need and makes sure that is what He provides for us. The Lord will never put our wants before our needs.

Thank the Lord today for loving you enough to provide for what you need today and to withhold from you those things you think you may need but don’t. Thank Him for being wiser than you are and understanding what is best for you. Thank Him for not giving you everything you want. Remember, a person who gets everything he wants becomes nothing more than a spoiled brat no one enjoys being around.

Thank you, Lord, for being my shepherd today and giving me today all that I need in order for me to live and grow in you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment