Tuesday, April 6, 2021

WHO ME?

 

WHO ME?

Ex. 3:11 “But who am I to appear before Pharaoh?” Moses asked God. “How can you expect me to lead the Israelites out of Egypt?” NLT

I can identify with Moses. I have often wondered about my ability to do what God has given me to do. I have looked in the mirror of my life and knowing what I know about me has caused me to question my ability to do God’s bidding. And therein lies our problem. We look at ourselves and see our limitations instead of looking at God and seeing His abilities. I have never lacked the ability to do God’s bidding when I step out in faith and trust the Lord to help me. If I had not trusted the Lord to help me, I probably would never had ended up in the ministry, even though I knew that it was what God wanted me to do. He enabled me to do it. There were others who said I would never make it. Over 50 years later I am still doing it. With God, all things are possible.

Don’t question what God has given you to do. He knows you better than you do. He knows what you are capable of with Him as your strength and power source. He can see in you what you cannot see. He is in your future as well as your present. Who are you to do what seems like the impossible? You are God’s child called to serve Him. You are chosen by God to do great things for Him. You are gifted by God to do His bidding, whether you can see it or not. You have an important role to play in God’s kingdom.

It’s not a matter of ability; you can do all things through Christ who gives you the strength, power, and ability to do them. It’s a matter of the will. Will you trust the Lord today and obey Him? Will you set out to do what He has given you to do? Obey the Lord and watch how He will bless many others through you.

It is Satan who casts doubt in us. He does not want us to trust in what God can do. He doesn’t want what God wants for us. He will use every means possible to keep us from being the servants God wants us to be. You have a choice to make. Are you going to trust God and do what He has given you to do, or are you going to listen to Satan and find excuses for not doing it?

The Lord has great plans for you. He knows what you are capable of. Trust Him. He will not let you down. You can do anything He gives you to do through Christ who strengthens us and the Spirit who enables us.

No comments:

Post a Comment