Thursday, January 30, 2020

LIVING A GODLY LIFE


LIVING A GODLY LIFE
Eph. 4:1-3 Therefore, I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace.  NLT
      These verses have always had a huge impact on me in my walk with the Lord. I am challenged by my need to live a life worthy of my calling in Christ. Jesus has called me out of my sin into a life of holiness. He has called me into a life where I just say no to sin and yes to godliness. Do I always do it? No. But, it is the desire of my heart. I want to please the Lord in my living and when I fall down, I seek His forgiveness and renew my desire to do better the next time.
     The message is clear, godly living requires us to be humble, gentle, patient with each other, and allowing for each other's faults out of love. It does not mean that we look the other way and excuse sin in each other's lives. The love of Christ compels us to address sin when we find it, but it must be done in the right way and with the right attitude. We must always lovingly aim to help each other live rightly before God.
      The goal of all living is to stay connected with the Spirit of Christ and be as one before Him in peace. The more we allow the Spirit to influence our living, the greater will be our oneness. It is when we leave the Spirit out of our living that we become divided and have relationship problems with both God and man.
      Are you living a life worthy of your calling in Christ Jesus today? God has called you to live in holiness before Him. He has called you to a life of compassion, gentleness, and peacefulness. Only a life immersed in the life of Christ and led by the Spirit can do these things. Are you one of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment