Sunday, October 20, 2019

KNOW IT ALLS


KNOW IT ALLS
 I Cor. 8:2-3 Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much. But the person who loves God is the one God knows and cares for.  NLT
     It is not unusual to come across people who think they know it all.  It is especially true in the Church.  Bible teachers and preachers tend to be pretty set in their thinking and are convinced they know what God wants us to know.  Some are so confident of their understanding that they are not open to anyone who thinks differently than they do and are willing to argue their point with anyone willing to do it.  It is necessary for us to know where we stand and why we stand there, but we must be very careful that we don’t close our minds to greater understanding.
       I have been in the ministry for over 40 years of my life and one thing that I know for sure is that I don’t know it all.  The Lord continues to change the way I think about some things.  He opens up deeper truths, refines my understandings, and teaches me that even though I have to be firm in my convictions, I don’t know it all.
       We have to be gracious towards those whom we may disagree with.  Everyone who is living in Christ is family to us.  We are to love, support and encourage each other in the faith.  We are to work with each other for the honor and glory of Christ.  We are to build each other up and not tear each other down.  It is good for us to differ in our understanding on certain aspects of the truth.  It challenges us to dig deeper and examine what we proclaim in light of the Scriptures.
      It is good for us to accept the fact that we don’t have God and His ways all figured out.  It is good for us to appreciate the work of God in the world to save souls and build His Church.  It is good for us to learn how to live in harmony with those whom we disagree with.  It is good for us to work together for Christ sake and not our own.  It is good for us because God blesses those who do these things and lovingly takes care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment