Saturday, September 30, 2017

WHY DOES GOD BOTHER?

 

Job 7:17-18  What are mere mortals, that you should make so much of us?  For you examine us every morning and test us every moment.

Have you ever asked the Lord this question?  I know I have.  It is a mystery to me why the Lord pays so much attention to us.  Knowing what I know about me, I would think He would have much better things to do than to bother watching over and helping me.  I would think that my struggles with sin would be my problem and not His.  But, I have found that what I think doesn’t really matter.  God is deeply involved with each of us.  He cares about us and one of the ways He shows it is by examining our souls.

Even though it may make us uncomfortable at times, we should welcome God’s examinations.  It is important for our souls’ sake to have our sins brought to light.  We need to regularly have an attitude check.  We need to have our misconceptions and wrong ideas gotten rid of.  We need to constantly be reminded how much we need the Lord.  We need to constantly be put back on the pathway of holiness.

The Lord shows He cares for us also by testing our faith.  How else are we going to be made strong in faith?  How else are we going to know how strong our faith really is?  It is in the testing times of life that faith grows.  We can grow in our understanding of faith without the testings, but we will never grow in faith without the testings.

We are the objects of God’s love.  He created us in love to love us and for us to love Him in return.  That is why we are here.  We don’t deserve God’s attention, but I am so thankful we have it.  Let us strive to never spurn or take for granted His love.  Let us strive to act like we are loved by Him and strive to act like we love Him.  Let us strive to live in such a way that when the Lord examines our hearts, we will not be found wanting with hearts full of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment