Thursday, June 29, 2017

WHO AM I, O LORD?



II Sam. 7:18  Then King David went in and sat before the LORD and prayed, “Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?”

      I like David’s attitude.  He recognized that he deserved nothing from God but received so much.  His life was blessed.  He understood that every good thing came from the Lord.

      Indeed, who do we think we are that we are so blessed?  What is there about us that deserves God’s blessings?  Think about it.  Life as we know it is a gift from God.  No one deserves anything from God but an eternity in hell.  We don’t deserve a chance to be saved, let alone the privilege of it.  We don’t deserve the work of God in and through us.  We don’t deserve the opportunities we have to better our lives or to enjoy some of the pleasures of life.  Look around you and you will find a multitude of people far worse off than you are.  We don’t deserve the privilege of helping others in life. 

       “Who am I, O Lord, that you would save me from my sins, from myself?  Who am I that You would not give up on me, even when others do?  Who am I that I would be spared the horrible life that so many others are forced to live?  Who am I, O Lord that I have been given an opportunity to know you and live for you when so many haven’t?  Who am I, O Lord, that I have been blessed with the resources of heaven to help me live a godly life?  Who am I, O Lord?  Who am I?”

      Let us today remember the great goodness of our Lord and give Him thanks.  Let our lives be an offering of thanksgiving to Him.  Let us never forget that we are indebted to our Lord for every blessing we enjoy.  Let us bow before Him and praise Him for all blessings do flow from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment