Wednesday, January 6, 2016

JESUS DOES IT ALL

Gal. 2:20-21 I myself no longer live, but Christ Jesus lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not one of those who treats the grace of God as meaningless. For if we could be saved by keeping the law, then there was no need for Christ to die.

I is taken out of the equation when we surrender our hearts to Christ. It is no longer us who are in the driver’s seat. It is Christ who directs the way in which we live. It is all about Christ and no longer about us. We succumb to His purposes and seek to please Him in all things.

Our lives are lived in gratitude for Christ dying on the cross for our sins and saving us. We never lose sight of what Jesus has done for us. Our gratitude moves us to always live for Him and through Him.

We understand that our ability to live in Christ is dependent on Him and not ourselves. We live by faith and not by sight. It is the work of Christ in me that makes me a child of God. It is His working in me that enables me to stay true to Him. It is by grace that I come to Him and it is by His grace I am kept in Him. It is impossible for me to save my soul or keep my soul. If I could, then Christ would not have had to die for my sins. In fact, if I could do anything to ensure my going to heaven when I die, then the life of Christ on earth would be life’s greatest waste. Christ would have lived and died in vain. Instead of His life being a display of God’s love for us, it would have revealed God to be cruel in letting His Son die for us. Jesus did for us what was impossible for us to doHe saved our souls. He does for us what we cannot do---He keeps us secure in our Father’s love. He will do what we cannot do---He will open heaven’s doors for us and welcome us home when we die.

No comments:

Post a Comment