THE JAIL OF DARKNESS
A. Sin keeps us from knowing we are enemies of God.
B. Sin keeps us from knowing where we are going.
C. Sin keeps us from knowing where God is--because sin drives us away from God.
D. Sin keeps us from knowing who God is.
THE VEIL OF DARKNESS
A. Darkness veiled Christ as he waged the war for our souls. Eph. 6:10-12
1. The fate of humanity rested on Christ's shoulders.
2. Think about what was at stake.
B. Darkness veiled Christ as he tasted a sin he never knew.
C. Darkness veiled Christ as he suffered the agony of being separated from God.
THE WAIL OF DARKNESS
A. From the dark recesses of Christ's soul is heard the cry, "My God, my God...."
1. What could be more painful than to hear your only son on his death bed crying out for you and knowing there is nothing you can do to make the pain go away?
2. What agony, to know that your son is dying for something he did not do!
3. What greater love can there be than to allow your son to lay down his life for a people who did not deserve it?
B. From the dark recesses of Christ's soul is heard the cry, "Why?!!!"
1. Why? Why have you forsaken me? I don't understand. Don't you love me anymore?
2. Why? Why do I have to do this all alone?
3. Why? Why does it have to hurt so? Is. 53:5-6