Thursday, June 8, 2023

JESUS LOVES ME, THIS I KNOW

                                                   JESUS LOVES ME, THIS I KNOW



Psalm 116:1-2

You probably are familiar with the song, “Jesus loves me, this I know for the Bible tells me so….” While it is true that the Bible tells us of the love of Jesus, there are other ways that He communicates His love for us.

Look around you and observe what the Lord has created. He created all things beautiful and perfectly suited for us so we can live. From the smallest detail to the highest mountain, to the solar system, to the galaxies, they all exist so that we would have a place to exist. He holds it altogether and nothing will fail until He causes it. He made us so complex from head to toe. Every detail of creation declares God’s glory and His love for us.

I know He loves us because He created a way for us to get rid of our sin problem. He died on the cross in our place. He forgives us and looks upon us as if we had never sinned. Our past, no matter how bad it may have been, is erased from His memory. Gone, gone, yes my sins are gone! I John 1:9

I know He loves me because I am not the same person I once was. I am a new creation. I no longer want to sin against God. I have peace knowing my sins are forgiven. The old me no longer exists. To God be the glory!

I know He loves me because He has gone back to heaven and is preparing an eternal home for me. John 14:1-4

I know He loves me because He hears and answers my prayers. 1,2

There is no question about it, Jesus loves me! But, does the Lord know that we love Him? How does He know we love Him? Do we tell Him? Do we show it by showing Him respect? Do we show it by how we live? Do we obey Him by striving to be holy? Do we tell others of our love for Him? Do we love those whom Jesus died for? Do we live as if He is our number one priority in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment