Saturday, June 10, 2023

JESUS HAS ME, THIS I KNOW

 

JESUS HAS ME, THIS I KNOW

Psalm 116:12-19

Isn’t it a comfort to know that Jesus has us in His loving, protective care? He holds us in the palm of His hand. He is never out of reach. We are always in His sight. He has us, therefore I will let Him affect every part of my living.

I am His, therefore, I will live in and for Him. 12-13 In fact, there is no part of me that is not affected by my relationship with Him. He affects how I live, what I do, how I hspeak, and what I think about. He has me, therefore I will not let Satan creep into my life. I will resist his efforts to lure me into sin. I will stand guard over my soul.

I am His, therefore, I will honor Him in all I do. 14-15 I will strive to honor Him as I live by obeying Him. I will honor Him by how I use His holy name. I will honor Him how I treat others. I will honor Him by how I think about others. I will honor Him by striving to live at peace with others. I will honor Him by being forgiving and gracious to those who would do m wrong. I will honor Him by believing Him. I will honor Him by resting in Him, even unto death.

I am His, therefore I will serve Him. 16-19 I will serve Him because He set me free. 19 I no longer am bound by my sinful past. I am no longer bound by lack of understanding of His ways. I am no longer bound by my meaninglessness and lack of purpose for living.

I will serve Him with thanksgivings is never a moment in life that is without reasons to be thankful. Ito mystifies me how people who don’t know the Lord express thanks for things that happen in their lives. In order to be thankful, there must be a source for the blessings. Jesus is goodness personified. We owe Him everything. Don’t let a day go by without thanking the Lord.

I will serve Him wherever I am. 18,19 Whether we are at work, home, in the church, or at play, we ought to serve the Lord. Our living is an act of worship unto the Lord. May we always strive to do what is good and well-pleasing in God’s eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment